Boletus risotto is the epitome of a light and enjoyable summer dish. It only takes a little patience to stir and the best ingredients to spoil yourself and your loved ones with this wonderful meal. Whether as a romantic candlelight dinner or a sociable evening with friends and family: with our porcini mushroom risotto recipe you will enchant even the most demanding gourmets.
Porcini mushroom risotto recipe for ingredients for 2 - 3 servings
- 300 g risotto rice
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms (frozen 40 g)
- two shallots or a medium-sized onion
- 500ml vegetable broth (preferably with fresh broth) + defrosting or soaking water
- a dash of bitter white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated Parmesan (for a vegan version you can also use a cheese substitute product, tastes just as delicious)
- Flor de Sal
- truffle oil
- Fresh parsley
If you want it to be a little more extravagant, you could add:
- rocket (garnish)
- cherry tomatoes (garnish)
- shrimps (garnish)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly chopped garlic
- Soak or thaw porcini mushrooms in hot water until they have the desired consistency. For this, the boletus should be completely covered.
- Cut shallots or onions into small cubes
- Bring the vegetable broth to the boil
- Braise the shallot or onion cubes in olive oil (2 tbsp) in a steel saucepan until translucent.
- Add risotto rice and sauté over medium-high heat until it becomes glassy. Then deglaze with a good dash of white wine and let it soak in.
- Add the porcini mushrooms with the thawing or soaking water together with the hot vegetable broth at medium heat and let them soak into the rice while stirring constantly. Don't forget to keep stirring so that it doesn't burn. Do this until the rice is al dente, so it still has a slight bite. (Duration approx. 25min)
- Then remove from the heat and season with freshly grated Parmesan, Flor de Sal and cold truffle oil. Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly fry the prawns in olive oil and chopped garlic and refine with flor de sal and lemon juice (optional as a garnish)
- Put a portion of porcini risotto in a ladle and press in with a slotted spoon. Then throw it on the plate. Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan over it and garnish with a fresh parsley leaf
- Optional: Garnish with the shrimps, a little rocket and a half cherry tomato.
Porcini Mushroom Recipe: It's Easier
If you want to make it even easier, you can also try our Casale Paradiso Risotto al tartufo - creation with truffles and porcini mushrooms. To do this, simply sauté the risotto mixture until it is glassy with olive oil, top up with veal or poultry broth until the rice is al dente and creamy. Don't forget the truffle oil here either. Then only sprinkle it with parmesan and serve.
Our boletus risotto recipe perfectly delights every evening
This elegant and at the same time light dish should best be enjoyed with a fine dry white wine on a terrace in the setting sun to let a perfect summer evening end. Of course, friends and family should not be missing here. This evening will surely be remembered by everyone.
Written by Dirk Auberlen
The Risotto Collection
CASALE PARADISO Risotto al tartufo 300 g
DARIO’S BLACK TRUFFLE OIL FROM PIEDMONT, ITALY, 100ML
DARIO’S FLOR DE SAL FROM ANDALUSIA, 175 G
DARIO’S NATIVES OLIVENÖL EXTRA FROM KALABRIA, ITALY, 250ML